Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January Appreciation Day

well, as my title suggests, happy january appreciation day, everybody!! as today is the last day of january, appreciation day is today. and i submit that it is totally irrelevant that january is, in fact, the worst month of the year. it's still great to have a holiday in our midst, right? right. as if you even have to ask.

you know what i wish?
i wish i could do pinterest. but sadly the mere thought of all the things i'd need to pin to keep up with it stresses me out. there's just so much out there, and how am i supposed to find it all?? i need to move on or else imma go on a tirade.


THE WAR ON WINTER
yup! let's start here. so i recently saw a poster inside the halls of BYU that made me incredibly pleased
 
 yes. this is that self same poster

i believe my exact words when i saw the title of this poster were, "YES! FINALLY!!" but quickly all that glee shattered into pieces. my brother informed me that this "war" was actually just an event lasting for one night. understandably, my disgust immediately surfaced. 

PEOPLE!! a WAR does NOT last for one night!! a war is a continuous barrage, an attack, against something that is inherently evil. i submit that winter is that evil thing. 
in fact, to quote my good friend Heather Katzenbach once snow had begun to pour outside a gathering of ours, "this is what hell will look like." i couldn't agree more, H Katz. now am i saying that i know how to begin this noble effort? sadly, no. this is a huge undertaking. but really, something should be done. because snow is the worst. also the cold. 

 hate.

 not so fun anymore, is it????


i believe i rest my case. 

i've already been back here a month. weird.  

2 comments:

  1. You don't know how excited I was to see you had a new blog post. Mostly because it was at the exact same moment I had the urge to just text you the word "Hi" for some reason. This comment is just about as pointless as that.

    ReplyDelete